Friday, February 3, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends...

So often I need grace. I find it is my default request, actually. I don't ask for a ton of credit or wisdom. I don't really expect a lot of unwarranted respect. I just need a shload of grace. And on days like today, I needed grace and help. This is my thank you to my gracious friends who helped me out today.

Thank you, resident of #2. You let me use your ice scraper, yet again and bantered with me which kept me in good spirits while I lost feeling to my face in the cold.

Thank you, Kayleen. I saw you peek out your window and rush to put a jacket on so you could help me shovel. You might have redeemed yourself for scaring the crap out of me this summer with your general creepiness.

Thank you, Dawn. You kept me from freaking out about the state of She She while I tried to figure out the whole picture of what today was going to be. And offered to pay for a taxi to get me to work.

Thank you, FB friends and texting friends who offered me ideas on how to unstick my car and wished me luck with my endeavors. The luck didn't really get me far, but the ideas were quite fun and probably entertaining to watch me try.

Thank you, Mike. You always have my back and that means more to me than you will ever know. I appreciate that "having my back" today involved driving me to work in the truck and some much needed catch up time. Chatting with you in horrible driving weather is kind of a tradition now.

Thank you, Jess. Your foresight never ceases to amaze me. The coffee and muffin were perfect. Thanks for knowing me well enough to know I was in full blown meltdown and needed a little comfort food.

Thank you, coworkers. You did not push my buttons. You did not ask me why I was late or why my makeup looked slightly clownish and rubbed off. You hugged me and helped me pull up my big girl panties and just get on with my work. Thank you for offering shovels, prayers, kitty litter, and rides.

Thank you, random customer who said my hair looked nice today. I'm fairly certain you were lying since I saw myself multiple times in the mirror today, but that's okay. Still made me feel better.

Thank you, Ye Jee and your hubs. You sacrificed part of your evening driving me to get my keys and get me home. You helped me talk through my anxiety and made me laugh. You guys are awesome. I owe you....big time. (you better get that reference)

And thank you, resident of #2 again. Because you delayed your trip to Golden so you could help me push my car out of the snow, drove a path so I would be safe to drive out in the morning, and told me it was okay the entire time. I'm so thankful for you I could hug you! I feel so horrible I still don't know your name. You are awesome though and I will make this up to you.

You guys have know idea how your little pieces of sacrifice and love kept me together today. I could not have made it to this evening without you. You are all so awesome to me. Thank you so much. I wish you a wonderful evening with tea and cozy blankets. Loves.

1 comment:

  1. okay. tears. very sweet blog! glad the day is over for you though ;)

    ReplyDelete