Sunday, May 15, 2011

unit #1

My house might have its quirks. The toilet is unusually short, the kitchen floor squeaks no matter where you stand, it has no washer dryer, and I am convinced that the outlet in the bathroom is controlled by a switch in the adjoining apartment. Also, I can hear when the occupant of said apartment is getting up, as their alarm clock must be at the same place my head is but on the other side of the wall.

But, all things considered, I absolutely love it. I have been putting up decor and making it home. I have figured out how long of a hot shower I can take before the hot water is all spent. I get to check my mailbox everyday. So, with those things in mind, I have made a list of things I can't believe I survived without for a number of years.
  1. My own fridge filled with whatever I want
  2. My own keys
  3. The perfect neighborhood to run in
  4. The ability to leave my underwear in the middle of the floor (not saying that happens :))
  5. My own couch blanket
  6. Tea before I go to bed every night
  7. A perfect place to stretch after a good run
  8. A bookshelf full of my books
  9. A place to invite friends over
  10. My own little sanctuary
With that said, I hope you all are enjoying your own four walls as much as I enjoy mine. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. and don't forget - a neighbor who has a washing machine IN HIS LIVING ROOM!!!!

    love that you have a Home all to yourself now:)

    ReplyDelete